Meade County Treasurer Position Available:
Hanson County Highway Superintendent
Hanson County is accepting applications for the position of Hanson County Highway Superintendent.
The Highway Superintendent performs professional and administrative supervision in directing the planning, design, construction and maintenance of County roads and bridges, equipment maintenance and supervision of county highway shop. Must have working knowledge of the county highway system. Must possess professional relationships with the public and employees. Other duties exclusive to the position will also be required.
The Hanson County Highway Superintendent must possess a valid South Dakota Commercial driver’s license.
This is an appointed position under the direction of the Hanson County Commission.
Applications and a job description can be picked up in the Auditor’s office at 720 5th St., Alexandria, SD 57311 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send resume and application to:
Hanson County Commissioners
PO Box 500
Alexandria, SD 57311
Questions about the position can be answered by calling Bruce Kjetland at 605-940-5753 or Gary Schoenrock at 605-770-6568.
Salary will depend on experience. Generous Benefits Program. Open until filled.
Hanson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Yankton County Veterans Service Officer
General Statement of Duties:
- Evaluates the type and level of individual benefits
- Maintains records on veterans assistance programs
- Assists veterans and eligible survivors participating in state and federal programs
- Facilitates the distribution of information on veterans programs
- Compiles information on service-connected disabilities
- Conducts research on client histories
- Interprets and explains federal and state laws and regulations
- Supervises assigned clerical personnel
- Must be qualified veteran as specified in SDCL §33-16-27
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a working knowledge of veterans’ issues and programs
- Must have good organizational and communication skills
- Must complete associated state training courses
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and conduct on-site visits
- Must be able to meet and deal with the public in stressful situations
- Must be able to learn medical terminology
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
This position will begin as a temporary position with no benefits.
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday – Friday (35-hour week)
Contact Yankton County for more information: 605-260-4434